Outdoor Activities Instructor Job
24 Jul 2017
Outdoor Activities Instructor
LOCATION: Lodge Hill Centre
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head of Activities
SALARY: Experience/qualification dependent
HOURS: 37/week. The post holder will be required to work a weekend rota system at busy times and some unsocial hours in line with the needs of the business. Single room accommodation available
JOB PURPOSE: To instruct on activities within the 32 acres of the Lodge Hill grounds and off site as required. Additionally to assist with the operational requirements for the centre and grounds.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· The setting up/taking down of equipment for activity sessions
· To ensure that all equipment is maintained and safety checked in accordance with the agreed guidelines
· Carry out pre-inspections of the equipment before instructing
· To instruct on activities as required within competencies and with relevant training and accreditation
· To assist and if necessary rescue delegates that get into difficulties
· To debrief and feedback to all teams undertaking activities
· To assist with the Lodge Hill ChallengeU Programme and offsite activities
· Assist the Managers with the Health and Safety requirements of the Centre
· Assist with general and specific maintenance
· To liaise with users of the Centre on a daily basis
· To participate in appropriate meetings as required
· To work at all times according to the Trust Policies and Procedures
· To work at all times within Health and Safety Guidelines
· To work at all times within the confidentiality boundaries appropriate to the post
· To undertake any other duties appropriate to the level of post
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
To hold (or work towards) accreditation and qualifications for all site specific activities, including first aid, health and safety risk assessment and minibus driving licence
Driving licence required & D1 an advantage.
Required at all times whilst on duty to wear the company uniform provided and protective equipment when necessary.
Must have a ‘can do’ attitude and aptitude to work with diverse groups of children, young people and adults, including those with disabilities or additional needs.
Robust, professional yet empathic approach is required at all times
All posts subject to DBS and List 99 clearance